We've had an interesting few days.
Jason was so busy last week getting ready for a healthcare convention and getting his exhibitor booths ready. He worked so hard and Im really proud of him--his booth looked awesome.
Thursday water backed up in the basement floor drain. ICKY! Rapid Rooter came and cleaned out the sewer line. Problem fixed til next year.
Friday was Hannahs 7th birthday! I cant believe it! We had a birthday party for her at Watiki Water Park on Saturday. I made frog cupcakes. They were pretty easy to make....I just kept forgetting all the ingredients and made 3 trips to the grocery store! Ugh! We all had a good time. I like the waterslides, but they make me motion sick so I cant only go down a few times. Grandma Geri came over for the party and bought Hannah a new High School Musical bike as a gift. She was in heaven! That night one of our newest favorite local bands was playing so Grandma agreed to babysit while we went out. Jason and I dont get to spend much alone time together anymore since Ive been working at the liquor store on the weekends that I dont have the kids so that pretty much blows any time we can go out. So we were excited that Grandma let us go out! :)
Sunday, was interesting. Norm called and said that Hannah had head lice. I was taking a wonderful nap so it took a few minutes for it to register. POOR BABY! Ive never dealt with it before. It was kinda scary. I looked in her hair and there were bugs crawling around! So we bought a package of RID and used it. It killed the live bugs and they rinsed out in the shower, but the eggs are literally cemented to her hair shaft--hundreds and hundreds of them! The gel and little combs dont get them out at all! I have spent a minimum of 5 hours sitting and going strand by strand pulling these tiny little eggs off. They are so tiny you can barely see them! She has been such a trooper. She sits still the whole time for me! I found a gret website though http://www.headlice.org and Id definitely recommend moms read it before treating kids. It is so common among school age kids, and it doesnt mean that you are dirty....but we had never experienced this before and our first instinct was to run out and get a kit. The kits can be dangerous though because they are insecticide! Read the info on the website.
Lots of pictures below. Sorry for the long post!
Oh, and no, I didnt get the job at the plastic surgeons office. Im crushed. Apparently Im unemployable!
Jasons Healthcare Booth
Him grumpy and me talking on the phone :)
Jason and I on the Super Bowl
Hannah and her friends
My cousin Sara and her niece Khloe
4th of July Festivities!
13 years ago



8 comments:
Wow you have been a busy little bee. SO sad about Hannah. Hope you found the right remedy. I know they have gone around our school a few times, I guess Madison had been lucky enough not to get those little buggers. Um ya we tried cutting the ends off of Connor's binks. We did that with our Hannah and she threw them all away and never asked for them again. Connor is just so stubborn.
Forgot to tell Hannah Happy Birthday! Love the froggie cupcakes!!
Happy Birthday Hannah!!! Sorry that she got lice. (I hope that didn't happen on her birthday) When we lived in France, everyone got lice every year. It was like getting an annual cold. She is a good little sport to sit there. There was some remedy we used that got rid of them really fast but I can't remember what. Sorry. I never got lice, but everyone else did.
How did your interview go with the state? Sorry you didn't get the job with the sergeon. It's a clear sign that you obviously don't need plastic surgery! Hang in there, something has got to give.
Love love the froggy cupcakes. You'll have to let me know how you did them. Bummer about the job, I hope the state one works out for you. Tell your little sweetie happy birthday. "7" That just seemed so crazy and old when my Lexi turned that. I can't believe how fast time flies. Have a good week and I hope your luck turns around.
Poor poor Hannah, but sounds like she had a great birthday! And look at you go betty crocker with the cupcakes!
Haha, Thanks Chels. I would have liked some boobs, but maybe our right....maybe stretch marked, flat, pancake boobs are the new trend and Ill be the frontrunner!
Interview with the state went well. They are hiring for 2 positions so that is good.
I got the frog cupcake recipe off allrecipes.com Easy and not easy at the same time, but they seemed to be a big hit!
Oh, and Im STILL pulling eggs out of Hannahs hair, hopefully we will get them all before they hatch. Im determined to do just that!
Post a Comment